The Human Resources Assistant administers benefit plans, recruits and onboards new employees, and provides administrative support to the human resources function as needed, including report development, record-keeping, file maintenance, and HRIS entry.
Salary: $16 – $19 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Number of hires for this role: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent experience (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Recruiting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Benefits administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- SHRM-CP a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers benefit plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations.
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Reconciles benefit invoices.
- Manages internal and external job postings and conducts preliminary interviews.
- Responsible for new employee onboarding, including conducting New Hire Orientation, processing new hire paperwork, background checks, and I-9s.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee and manager inquiries regarding programs, policies, and procedures.
- Updates employee address changes where applicable.
- Completes Verification of Employment requests.
- Updates required federal and state employment postings in SharePoint.
- Manages Wellness Bonus Dollars eligibility.
- Acts as a TrueU Ambassador.
- Assists with HR Projects, including audits, HR program/policy implementations, record audits, and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, payroll audits, and other compliance reviews.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Discreet in handling confidential/sensitive information.
- Proficient skill in using a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient skill in using Paylocity or related HR/Payroll software.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able to work in our Noblesville, IN office?
- What are your pay expectations?